Sunday, June 7, 2009

28th

The corporate office where the mission office is located had a customer appreciation lunch for all the clients in the building. It was catered and very nice. Three free meals this week. After lunch I was walking to the bathroom and noticed signs for a blood drive. I went up and asked if they were taking walk-ins. They had me fill out the paper work and read their stuff. Then it was time. There was a man giving as I was preparing and he almost past out. I got a little nervous but went through with it. I did it in record time for me, five and a half minutes! I told the woman that was helping me that I wanted to give back for my daughter who required two units after her ordeal having her baby. She was so touched, she got a little teary and told me to kiss Gracie for her. She said they liked to hear stories like that, it made they jobs worth while.

No comments:

Post a Comment